Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
On 26/10/06, Michael Bender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 >> Do you need to have different drivers for different zones
 >> or DTUs?

Yes, we want to be able to give each instance of pcscd its own
set of ifd handlers, so that, for example, if an instance of pcscd
is running in a Sun Ray session, it will only know about the
Sun Ray ifd handler for the internal reader in the Sun Ray DTU,
while if an instance of pcscd is running for the console user,
it will only know about the ccid USB ifd handler and the ifd
handler for the console's internal reader.

What would be the problem if a pcscd in a Sun Ray session also has
access to a driver for a CCID reader?

Nothing at all from a technical perspective. Some customers would
want to prevent the pcscd instance running in a Sun Ray session
from even being able to load the ccid (or any other) ifd handler.

It would not use it (not even
load it in memory) unless a CCID driver is connected to the Sun Ray.
pcscd would just read the Info.plist of the driver. Unless you
modified pcscd on this point.

That was just an example. We actually would want both the Sun Ray
DTU ifd handler and the ccid ifd handler to be available by default
for a Sun Ray session. We might not want, say, an ifd handler for
the system box reader to be available for a Sun Ray session.

Is it possible to use the Sun Ray internal reader for session mobility
and also connect an external smart card reader (say a CCID one) to use
a smart card application like a PKCS#11 in Mozilla?

Yes.

mike

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         Sun Ray Product Engineering

 I don't speak for my employer. My opinions are not necessarily those of
     Sun Microsystems, Inc. or any of its wholly-owned subsidiaries.