Hi,
Has anyone worked with a Gemalto .NET card without the .NET framework? I am trying to use the card at the APDU level and from what I've been reading, the card only responds to two APDUs and those are really designed to transport the Microsoft .NET "remoting" protocol over the wire. I would like a way to extract a unique ID from the card (a serial number is fine, no requirement that the ID is bound to a user identity) and from what I've been able to find out so far, there is a card serial number that can be extracted from the card, but it's in a big XML blob that the card will only give you if you speak the correct parts of the .NET
remoting protocol to it.

thanks,
mike