Hello,

That's my first time that I really need to understand how the smart card
works.

First of all I have with me a Brazilian Digital Document called e-CPF, this
card is an Version V2 with 2048 bits and is part of IPC-BRAZIL.

Every thing start because I need to sign my device serial number with my
smart card, in the documentation that I need to follow just say that I need
sign a number like  "290953052" and after sign I need to get an data string
in base64, followed the PKCS #1 version 1.5.

My First question, there is an chance to outsource the private key inside
the smart card?

I asked that because if I get the private key I can do that using openssl.

But if this happen I cant see an reason for smart cards work well.

Im sorry to ask this basics questions but I realy got difficult to find
informations.

Thanks For All Help!

--
*Raul Rosetto Muñoz*