>   Why do you need to cast __FUNCTION__?
>
>   What version and name of the compiler are you using?
>   What is the type of __FUNCTION__ on your compiler?
>
> So I went and removed the patches, and:
>
>   NetBSD 6, i386, gcc 4.5.3 compiles without warnings.

Fine.

> But
>
>   OSX 10.9, i386, Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM
> 3.3svn)
>
> produces many warnings (not about the patch files I sent earlier).  I've
> appended the full pkgsrc build log.

You should not build the "official" (or for GNU/Linux) pcsc-lite on
Mac OS X. Apple provides its own version of pcsc-lite for Mac OS X
with its own changes.
One of the difference is that DWORD is a "unsigned long" on GNU/Linux
and a uint32_t on Mac OS X.

The libccid driver has special cases to build using Mac OS X version
of pcsc-lite.
In your case you build libccid using the "official" pcsc-lite. This
will NOT work.

For Mac OS X you should use ./MacOSX/configure instead of ./configure
and NOT depend on pcsc-lite.

I do not plan to fix (now) the warnings in command line tools:
examples/scardcontrol.c
contrib/Kobil_mIDentity_switch/Kobil_mIDentity_switch.c
contrib/RSA_SecurID/RSA_SecurID_getpasswd.c

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau