Hi -

I'm looking for an implementation of Edward Large's beat tracking perceptual model, as described in:

Large (1996), Modeling Beat Perception with a Nonlinear Oscillator.
Large & Kolen (1994). Resonance and the perception of musical meter.

A colleague pointed me to this page of Doug Eck's:
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~eckdoug/vibe/

This looks useful because it's a published implementation, but it's also a little offputting because the website says things like "It used to work fine, honest [...] expect some minor bugs [...] It will almost certainly be a pain to work with ;-)."

Can anyone vouch for this code, or know any other implementations of Large's model?

Thanks
Dan

--
Dan Stowell