From: music-dsp-boun...@music.columbia.edu
[mailto:music-dsp-boun...@music.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Alan Wolfe
Sent: 27 April 2011 06:50
To: A discussion list for music-related DSP
Subject: Re: [music-dsp] Floating Point Division

i don't know that chip but have you thought about re-arranging your math?

with limited precision, order of operations can matter.

This is a bigger problem with fixed point (and integers) than floating
point but it can still be a problem even in floating point.

whats the specific error message?

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:51 PM,  <resea...@ottomaneng.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been going back to working on a DSP processor and recently hit a
precision problem with division on an ADI SHARC 21369. I get something to
the effect of overflow or fold over. Anyone have any suggestions or
references if I want e-7 precision division?