On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Conley, Dylan
<dylan.con...@marquette.edu> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is anyone aware of an open source pitch-shift algorithm implementation that
> is quick (< 2ms) precise (to within 0.5 cents) and leaves the formant intact?

Hi Dylan!

I'm not an expert in this but you can do that in two steps: first do
pitch-shifting and after that do a formant correction.

For a pitch shifting you can for example look at Fons Adriaensen's
zita-at1 (http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/index.html)
which is 'autotuning' app which is very well done (but without formant
correction). Or you can use any other technique (with time domain
methods it's easier to get low latency).

Formant correction (at least the way I've done it) consists of
applying unprocessed signal's spectral envelope to the processed
(pitch shifted) signal. You can get spectral envelope by low pass
filtering signal's amplitude spectrum or (better) with LPC.

Cheers!
Igor