Wouldn't it be nice if all of the knowledge embodied in this list could find
its way into Wikipedia, fixing the howlers and myths that exist in some of the
audio, synthesis, effects, computer music, etc pages? I know that some of us
have at time contributed, but it would be a nice community project to do it on
a consistent basis.

Victor
On 9 Jan 2012, at 08:16, Nigel Redmon wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Care to narrow down the target (I suppose there are multiple, but maybe start
> with the one or two of most immediate concern)?
>
> I looked at it a bit, and it's a lot to juggle, looking at diffs and the back
> and forth. Maybe it's just getting late, and I played a lot of basketball
> earlier, but the final thing that told me "it's bed time" was, in skimming
> the article, "Its [RMI] waveforms were calculated beforehand on non-realtime,
> and individual harmonics and harmonic envelopes couldn't be changed in
> realtime, by means of additive synthesis." Ouch.
>
> Anyway, it's clear that you're not clusternote... ;-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nigel
>
> PS—Ouch, I need to stop peeking—painful grammatical problems throughout:
> 'Additive synthesis using only harmonics is referred as "Harmonic additive
> synthesis" rarely', 'The Hammond organ, invented in 1934,[9], generate nearly
> sinusoidal waveforms[10] by set of tonewheels, and these are mixed using nine
> drawbars as harmonics', 'Hammond organ was invented as a substitute for the
> much bulkier and expensive pipe organ', 'After several decades of researches
> and developments, original additive synthesis technique was either', 'Fourie
> transform'...my brain hurts...
>

> On Jan 8, 2012, at 10:16 PM, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
>

>> there's a guy there with handle "Clusternote" (who might be lurking here for
>> all's i know) who is slugging it out with an IP (can't imagine who that is)
>> about the math that goes into additive synthesis.  if you ever bother to
>> edit the en WP, it might be a good time to examine the article and earlier
>> versions and make your opinion known.
>>
>> L8r,
>>
>> --
>>
>> r b-j                  r...@audioimagination.com
>>
>> "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
>>

>> --

Dr Victor Lazzarini
Senior Lecturer
Dept. of Music