From: "robert bristow-johnson" <r...@audioimagination.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 5:44 PM
To: <music-dsp@music.columbia.edu>
Subject: Re: [music-dsp] Noise gate for guitar amplifiers and hysteresis

On 7/4/12 11:06 AM, Ivan Cohen wrote:
Hello rbj !

What do you mean by "slew" ? Is it a filtering applied on the VCA attenuation ?

specifically, *low-pass* filtering.

I think the answer to your question is obviously no :) I may have missed a point in the implementation of noise gates. I would be glad if you can detail a little...

sure, but it's the 4th of July here in the states. i was about to get on my bike. i'll get back to this tonight. okay?

--

r b-j                  r...@audioimagination.com