On 31.7.2012. 12:54, Wen Xue wrote:
5ms moving-average doesn't sound very right for it cuts off anything below
200Hz, no matter how much one upsamples it. However it is probably "just fine"
to subtract a DC measured 500ms ago from the current waveform because the DC
shouldn't change much in that time or it can't be DC. This subtraction you can
write as a anti-DC filter which is FIR with a big delay on the unwanted part but
no delay on the wanted part. There might be some DC left - but probably
significantly suppressed - depending on how DC-ish it is.

Is this the same/similar to what I mentioned in the first post:
<<
Then there is the modification (http://www.dsprelated.com/showmessage/80739/2.php, Andor's post) to subtract the moving average from the _current_ sample (instead of the one corresponding to the middle of the moving average filter) but this supposedly makes the filter minimal-phase instead of linear-phase so it is still a no go (at least AFAICT from my limited knowledge).

?

--
Domagoj Saric
Software Architect