On 10/27/12 2:25 AM, gwenhwyfaer wrote:
On 27/10/2012, gwenhwyfaer<gwenhwyf...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 26/10/2012, robert bristow-johnson<r...@audioimagination.com>  wrote:
say, any among you using a Mac and Octave and gnuplot?  i used to be
able to plot with Octave, it would start up X11 and if i set the
variable GNUTERM=x11 before starting Octave this would work.  now it
doesn't :-(

anybody know what i'm doing wrong?  i could use some help.  thanks for
any.
Hmm. I don't know Macs, but from the error messages, it looks as
though something installed a new version of fontconfig without
updating freetype to match. Have you installed anything since last
using Octave/gnuplot that could have autoupgraded (or autodowngraded,
or otherwise mucked about with) half, but not all, of your X11
subsystem?
The other possibility is that there's more than one version of either
library on your system, and somehow the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH inherited by
gnuplot points to the wrong one. I bet that's going to be fun to
debug.

Shared libraries - Satan's preferred method of software reuse...

well, i agree. i have to confess i was much more productive and comfortable back in the OS 9 days and using CodeWarrior instead of Xcode. i really believe that computers should serve people and not the other way around.

we'll probably have to worry about this later.

--

r b-j                  r...@audioimagination.com