Pitch detection using FFT is probably not the best way to do it, but if you are
going to, here's a tutorial to get you started with windowing and frame size.
For overlap, the more often you do it the faster you'll be able to respond (to
a point). My tutorial does not do any overlapping.

http://blog.bjornroche.com/2012/07/frequency-detection-using-fft-aka-pitch.html

There are some other tips in there as well as a simple C implementation of a
guitar tuner.

        bjorn

On Jan 22, 2013, at 9:23 AM, Danijel Domazet wrote:

> Hi music dsp,
> In order to implement accuarate pitch detection we are sending input signal
> through Fourier analysis stage. Are there any recommended settings with
> regards to:
> - Window frame size?
> - Window overlap factor?
> - Window type (Hamming, Hann, etc.)?