Ross Bencina wrote:
On 7/08/2013 2:38 AM, Theo Verelst wrote:
I suppose in EE terms, if you know something about the waves you're
You would need a definition of note onset that somehow includes
segmenting a hummed glide transition from one pitch to another according
to Robert's transcription rules.

Hmhm, but in the digital domain you probably want some sort of signal path to measure that, get the distinction between the one note and the next right, and I'd prefer to know what's reasonable possible within the theory perimeter to get done well. You could presume a pitch change of the voice as being a higher excitation note through the vocal tract as more or less time-fixed filter, or you could presume all sounds to be more or less cyclic waveforms, lots of options. If it's a choir in a reverberant space, far from the microphone with coughs and booklet dropping sounds, it's a whole other ballgame, where trivial solutions are likely to often fail.

T.