On 12-Nov-13 09:05, Dave Gamble wrote:
Actually, I'll go one further: In 2013, single precision is just time
wasting. It's a pathological case for analysis, but it shouldn't represent
real-world usage.

I'm reminded of a conversation I had with my PhD supervisor 12 years ago,
when showing him some source which caused him to remark "single precision?
  What is this?  1980?".

One word: SIMD

Regards,
Vadim

PS. "Time-varying performance" is another word. "Nonlinearities" is the third one.

--
Vadim Zavalishin
Reaktor Application Architect

www.native-instruments.com