On 2014-10-12, Peter S wrote:

In my model, I assume equal probability (just as I pointed out at least a few times).

Equal, equidistributed? I.e. repeated flips of a fair coin?

Then any first year student of information theory and/or compression algorithms can tell you each of the bits is a important as any other, and that there is no exploitable structure. No matter how long a run of ones or zeroes, you can't say anything but that each of them carries one independent bit of information. It doesn't make any sense to try and segment the bitstream, because that's then just you assuming some hazy probability model inside your head, and any attempt to e.g. run length code the stuff will necessarily lead to overall expansion of the average message in the entire ensemble of messages possibly given out by the source your already assumed.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2