Before would seemingly agree with some follies going on here: I believe, like I've written for solid reasons, that the normal Information Theory that led to a theoretical underpinning of various interesting EE activities since long ago, is solidly understood by it's makers, and when rightly applied is correct in the sense it was intended.

Think of it that a lot of statistics are done under the supposition that the users of the formulas are done with the right assumptions, like that the law of big numbers applies, in case there are statistical variables within some form of well known statistical definition.

So it isn't right to say " so and so many bits contain so much information ", or "don't contain so and so much" in the sense of the "normal" formal I.T. because for the normal law there is the assumption of the repeated experiment (as is normal and required) it isn't decent to ADD ASSUMPTIONS to the theory, which would lead to statistics with a P(A | ("given") B) type of formulation, because that leads to erroneous results, just like assuming something is meaningless by some factor outside of the theory's definition.

Maybe Vampiers or sociopaths (seriously, some should take a simple test in that direction....) want fudder that allows them to talk all kinds of directions as their mind sees fit, for some clearly opportunistic and wobbly purposes, but abusing formulas and theories in such manner cannot turn out successful in science without a great many eyebrows getting raised, me thinks. Like why would professionally self-respecting scientists need to worry about colleagues as to use 20 character passwords based on analog random data? What a waste of usually state funding, isn't it ?

So once more, it is possible to reason along the lines proposed here by some, but the statistics that should be utilized to stay away from incorrect or downright ridiculous conclusions are *given* probability variables/densities/reasoning rules, or the whole thing becomes a laugh.

T.V.