Great video!

Great explanation and nice demonstration. On the other hand, I’m tempted to
ask, if this discussion is still relevant due to the slight changes in music
distribution. CD is still a medium, many artist prefer for distribution, mostly
for the artwork and booklet, that’s delivered to the buyer. As a consequence,
in most cases, the 16 bit, dithered or noise shaped master is used for the
compressed versions as well. But the question is, if this process is really the
best way? I made some experiments and found out, that AAC benefits from a 24
bit or floating point input, dither noise is rather disturbing the encoding
process. That said, CD final mastering should be done in parallel  to the
creation of compressed versions.

Steffan