Yes, I disagree with the "always". "Not always needed" means "it's sometimes needed", my point is that it's never needed, until proven otherwise. Your video proves that sometimes it's not needed, but not that sometimes it's needed.

-----Message d'origine----- From: Nigel Redmon
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 6:51 PM
To: A discussion list for music-related DSP
Subject: Re: [music-dsp] Dither video and articles

I totally understood the point of your video, that dithering to 16bit isn't always needed - but that's what I disagree with.

Sorry, Didier, I’m confused now. I took from your previous message that you feel 16-bit doesn’t need to be dithered ("dithering to 16bit will never make any audible difference”). Here you say that you disagree with "dithering to 16bit isn't always needed”. In fact, you are saying that it’s never needed—you disagree because “isn’t always needed” implies that it is sometimes needed—correct?