32-bit internal floating point is not sufficient for certain DSP tasks
and will be plainly audible as causing all sorts of problems, a DF1 at
low frequencies is the classic example of this, it causes large
amounts of low frequency rumble. This is a completely different thing
to the final bit depth of an audio file to listen to.

Andy

-- cytomic -- sound music software --