On 2015-06-22, Vadim Zavalishin wrote:

After some googling I rediscovered (I think I already found out it one year ago and forgot) the Paley-Wiener-Schwartz theorem for tempered distributions, which is closely related to what I was aiming at.

It'll you land right back at the extended sampling theorem I told about, above. So why fret about the complex extensions? They won't help you with bandlimited stuff at all.

Although Hölmander's tightening of the theorem in 1976 might help you understand those BLEPs of yours. Because it quantifies singular supports, i.e. every delta train necessary for the analysis of BLITs and their integrals, starting from continuous time.

It's just that you don't need any of that machinery in order to deal with that mode of synthesis, and you can easily see from the distributional theory that you can't do any better. Why make it that complicated?
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2