On 16/07/2015, Theo Verelst <theo...@theover.org> wrote:
> Nonono, you don't "get it", but I suppose only academics should try to
> do a proper universal theory application attempt, I won't respond to
> this anymore. I do suggest that if you'd take your own impulses and
> encode them with you own algorithms you would find less interesting and
> far less poetic information decay than you seem to suggest. I mean the
> diminishing values of your own elasticity coefficients are worrying and
> one sided.

"poetic information decay", "elasticity coefficient"... how are these
terms relevant here at all? I thought the term "poetic" is only used
in literature classes, and not statistics classes. Throwing around
non-relevant terms doesn't make it sound more academic.

I think you still don't understand that I was not trying to do a
"proper universal theory" or "information theory poetry", rather, just
did some statistical tests on some test data. I merely said "this
particular formula, when applied to this data set, gives these
results". Without any generalization or universal theory attempt.

> there are
> different formulas at play ( P(AuB)=P(A)+P(B)-P(A&B) kind of thing, for
> those fortunate enough to have received education at the required level,

Congratulations, you can recall a formula from your statistics class.

-P