Hi Nuno,

Take a look at the BeginEdit(), EndEdit() and SetVstParameterAutomated() functions.

http://www.asseca.org/vst-24-specs/amBeginEdit.html
http://www.asseca.org/vst-24-specs/amEndEdit.html
http://www.asseca.org/vst-24-specs/amAutomate.html

Regards,
Shannon

On 12/9/2015 2:29 AM, Nuno Santos wrote:
Hi,

This question is about VST plugin development and maybe it got asked before,
but after an hour googling around for VstEvents, VstMidiEvents,
sendVstEventsToHost, etc, I still couldn't find an answer.

I'm trying to notify Ableton Live that a parameter has changed. The device on
Live has the configure button toggled and it's waiting for parameter input. I
was currently trying the following code:

void Vst::init()
{
     size_t size = sizeof(VstEvents) + sizeof(VstEvent*);

     _events = (VstEvents*)malloc(size);
     _events->events[0] = (VstEvent*)std::calloc(1, sizeof(VstMidiEvent));
     _events->numEvents=1;

     VstEvent* e = _events->events[0];

     e->type = kVstMidiType;
     e->byteSize = sizeof(VstMidiEvent);
}

VstInt32 IVst::canDo(const char* feature)
{
     if (!strcmp(feature, "sendVstEvents")) return 1;
     if (!strcmp(feature, "sendVstMidiEvent")) return 1;
     if (!strcmp(feature, "receiveVstEvents")) return 1;
     if (!strcmp(feature, "receiveVstMidiEvent")) return 1;
     if (!strcmp(feature, "midiProgramNames")) return 1;

     return -1;
}

void Vst::parameterChanged(int id, float value)
{
     _events->events[0]->data[0]=0xb0;
     _events->events[0]->data[1]=id;
     _events->events[0]->data[2]=float*127;
     _events->events[0]->data[3]=0;

     sendVstEventsToHost(_events); // the result of this call is true
}

But this didn't made the trick.  I am trying VstMidiEvent because the 2.4
headers say kVstParameterType is deprecated. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nuno

Sham Beam