Slide 9 illustrates an 8-value unum (3 bits wide), then says the
corresponding SORN is 8 bits wide. I don't know how else to interpret this
unless we're talking about the full power set of values. Likewise for the
explanation a few slides earlier about filled vs. empty values being
represented as bits.

But of course we can take a step back from this idea and think of
representing an interval using two values. But then this has nothing to do
with unums.... you can do the same with floats or fixed points or any
representation you can think of.

And the way unums do it (as far as I understand, which can't really be done
because it is not adequately explained) is really pretty clumsy, because it
seems to burn an entire bit to differentiate between the open interval
(0,1) and the half-open interval (0,1]. There is no way this is a good use
of a bit.

-Ethan