On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Spencer Jackson <ssjackso...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 11:24 AM, gm <g...@voxangelica.net> wrote:
> > Did you consider a reverb or an FFT time stretch algorithm?
> >

> I haven't looked into an FFT algorithm. I'll have to read up on that,
> but what do you mean with reverb? Would you feed the loop into a
> reverb or apply some reverberant filter before looping?

IIRC, the original free-verb had a "hold" or "freeze" function that worked
well. I believe it worked by setting each individual comb filter to 100%
feedback.

Free verb worked surprisingly well considering its simplicity. The magic
had more to do with the hand tuning of the parameters than anything else,
so if a simple reverb is an approach you want to take, I suggest starting
by copying the original parameters, which you can find here:

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/pasp/Freeverb.html

--
Bjorn Roche
@shimmeoapp