I thought the common way to do it was to take two FFTs really close to each
other, one or more samples depending on which frequencies you want the best
resolution for, and do phase differencing to work out the frequency. Seems
to work pretty well in the little test I just did, and is robust in the
presence of additive gaussian noise. Also long as you have at least four
cycles of your sine wave in the FFT block you can get to around a cent
accuracy, more if you have more cycles.

Cheers,

Andy