Xmos dev boards are also something to think of. You lose the easy "Hey
there is a ready-made library for almost everything" you have with Teensy
or Arduino, but you gain a lot of processing power for little money.

I have used the cheapest one:
https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=17441

There is also an option for much faster dev boards.