Pablo Riera wrote:

I try some stuff on Rpi with supercollider + jack but I couldn't
manage to have lots of performance. As a synth it would crash
with more than 6 polyphony with 256 sample buffers. I think
the supercollider build  was messed up but need more
testing. What audio framework are you using?

I first tested Jack then directly attacked ALSA, but performance
was similar. My framework is just plain C++, with specific NEON
optimisations when possible. I don’t know about Supercollider
performance.

Also don’t forget that the the newer RPi 3 is much faster than
the first gen RPi for just a few more bucks. And if you need even
more horsepower the Odroid-XU4 looks pretty nice (and twice more
expensive).