Nigel Redmon wrote:
Well, it’s quiet here, why not…

Right, a good reiteration never hurts! I quickly read through and find your explanation fine, it's not right to expect everybody to be theoretically sound and solid up to the level of mathematical proof, but I'm a strong proponent of preventing the main errors:

   - the main definitions and theorem must be solid and phrased unambiguously
   - the understanding created should not lead people astray in divergent
diractions

It's like, it's good to know there's a mathematical theory that uniquely and like a proper bijection relate samples to the analog signal, under proper and necessary conditions.

Then there's the practical side: can an existing ADC create a file with samples that can be enjoyed back in their analog form to a high level of fidelity, and if so:

   - how
   - at which computational/electronic cost
   - for which (sub-)  class of "CDs" or other consumer digital signal forms
   - with qualifiable and quantifiable error ?

That's for engineers that want to really work in the subject, too, but a bit of an idea a lot of people will appreciate.

Theo