Hi Frank. I’ve never messed with these, but it seems obvious that they are
either going to have a predictable format (that they specify *somewhere*, if
they intend to let people sue anything but their own editor), or add/expect
additional info bundled in the wave file (in which case they’d also need to
specify).

In a quick search, I see that Serum expects 2048-sample wavetable (not a
surprising number—let’s you span the audio range with all audible harmonics):

Wavetables in a Serum-compatible format can be directly loaded into Expanse.
You can also make your own Serum-compatible wavetables using Serum or other
audio software, or programming environments that offer wav file output. The
format is as follows.
– 2048 samples per single-cycle
– Maximum of 256 frames (positions), less than 256 frames will be morphed or
crossfaded according to the import setting.