There's an open-source wavetable editor:

https://github.com/AndrewBelt/WaveEdit

This was written by Andrew Belt (author of VCV Rack) under commission from Synthesis Technology for creating wavetables for their line of Eurorack wavetable oscillators. Several other Eurorack manufacturers are also beginning to use this for their products as well.

WaveEdit's native format is 256-samples, 16-bit PCM, mono. Up to 64 wavetables in a "bank" to allow morphing between them.

There's an open online repository of wave banks which this application supports where the user community has begun to share tables that they've created with the tool, as well as classic wavetables from older synthesizers like Ensoniq and PPG.

https://waveeditonline.com/

Eric