SoundTouch is time domain, based on a Synchronous-OverLap-Add (SOLA). I
haven't gone through the source, but an article on their website explains a
few different methods and states at the bottom SoundTouch is SOLA based.

https://www.surina.net/article/time-and-pitch-scaling.html

I've used SoundTouch a lot since it's one of Reaper's built-in algorithm
options, anecdotally I can say it works well enough on monophonic sources
like a voice but anything complex enough quickly turns into "glitch as an
effect" type of artefacts rather than remaining very useful for its
original purpose.

I think Elastique Pitch is the best among Reaper's built-in realtime
algorithms, it has "Soloist" (for monophonic) and "Pro" options too, but it
seems that one is proprietary...