Dear all, I registered new to the list for private interest (building self programmable music gear as hobby). Since there was activity yet, I would like to ask my question regarding equalizer builing:

We know, classical EQs will work that way, that they decrease e.g 6dB/12dB/24dB per octave starting from the edge frequency. So the 6dB x X behavior seems to be fixed with a simple n-order filter.

Now, I like to have an EQ with most probable flat response which is adjustable in steepness and frequency. At least the steepness schould be adjustable starting at zero. For instance I want to shape an EQ's curve from almost flat to totally steep continously such as we know it from white noise and pink noise curves. Regarding noise I am mixing this in percentages in between these cases, but it does not work with unknown signals.

Is there an analytic function decribing this? In another group, the recommendation was to use a filter cascade with hi/lo behavior and overlapping the edge frequencies to get small stairs. Any more detailled / better idea to do that?

Thanks in advance

Rolf