Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2018 um 12:30 Uhr
Von: pa...@synth.net
An: music-dsp@music.columbia.edu
Betreff: Re: [music-dsp] Creating new sound synthesis equipment

 range really come into their own.

 The main advantage over softsynths (like VSTs, etc) is that musicians prefer a "tactile" surface rather than a keyboard/mouse when "playing". Though I know a lot of composers (including film composers) who prefer scoring using VSTs.

 I also agree that MIDI is now at a stage where it's not adequate to meet the demands of modern synths (VST, DSP, FPGA, or otherwise). Yes you can use NRPNs and Yes OSC exists, but noether of these are widely used. There are rumours about a MIDI V2, though I suspect that's a long way away from being ratified and set in stone.