Yes, that’s a good way, not only for LFO but for that rare time you want to
sweep down into the nether regions to show off. I think a lot fo people don’t
consider that the error of a “naive” oscillator becomes increasingly smaller
for lower frequencies. Of course, it’s waveform specific, so that’s why I
suggested bigger tables. (Side comment: If you get big enough tables, you could
choose to skip linear interpolation altogether—at constant table size, the
higher frequency octave/whatever tables, where it matters more, will be
progressively more oversampled anyway.)

Funny thing I found in writing the wavetable articles. One soft synth developer
dismissed the whole idea of wavetables (in favor of minBLEPs, etc.). When I
pointed out that wavetables allow any waveform, he said the other methods did
too. I questioned that assertion by giving an example of a wavetable with a few
arbitrary harmonics. He countered that it wasn’t a waveform. I guess some
people only consider the basic synth waves as “waveforms”. :-D

Hard sync is another topic...