On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 12:14 AM gm <g...@voxangelica.net> wrote:
> Am 23.10.2018 um 23:51 schrieb gm:
[...]
> I think I should add that I want to use it on polyphonic material or any
> source material
> so sinu oscillators are probably not the way to go cuase you would need
> too many of them

Sine oscillators can be implemented in various very efficient ways,
and more importantly here; you only need to generate one "sample" per
FFT window, so you can actually have insane numbers of them. And, if
you implement more complex waveforms, and maybe various "transforms"
in the render-to-FFT stage, there are probably many more cycles to
save.

--
//David Olofson - Consultant, Developer, Artist, Open Source Advocate

.--- Games, examples, libraries, scripting, sound, music, graphics ---.
|   http://consulting.olofson.net          http://olofsonarcade.com   |