We did FFT noise synthesis for a participatory performance project "Open
Band",
you can read about it on this paper:

https://qmro.qmul.ac.uk/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/26169/13.pdf?sequence=1

the idea was to crate blocks of noise based on pre-determined frequencies
to draw letters on the spectrum. I would be really interested also in
develop some tool for FFT synthesis for web audio based on drawings also

best,
Ariane