Now I do it like this, 4 moving average FIRs,
5, 10, 20 and 40 taps
and a linear blend between them based on log2 of the bin number

I filter forwards and backwards, backwards after the shift of the bins for formant shifting the shift is done reading with a linear interpolation from the forward prefilterd bins

not very scientific but it works, though there is quite some room for improvements,
sonically...

here is how it sounds with a 1024 FFT at 22050 kHz SR with four overlaps:

https://soundcloud.com/traumlos_kalt/spectronmat-4e-2b-01/s-DM4kQ

first transpositions with corrected formants, then extreme formant shifting

I am not sure about the sound quality, it's still not good enogh for a product, I think you need 8 overlaps to reduce granularity, and a better spectral envelope
and a better transient detection
(I cant do this in Reaktor though, the structure it will get too messy and latency way too much)

any comments, ideas for improvments are appreciated