Am 05.11.2018 um 16:17 schrieb Ethan Fenn:

Of course it's possible you'll be able to come up with a clever frequency estimator using this information. I'm just saying it won't be exact in the way Cooley-Tukey is.

Maybe, but not the way I laid it out.

Also it seems wiser to interpolate spektral peaks, as had been suggested to me before.

But it doesn's sound much better then to get the frequency from the phase step so the bad sound for frequency shifts at an FFT size of 2048 has other reasons than just a bad phase estimate. Maybe it's just stupid to find a solution for this FFT size and a frequency domain shift.