On 7/11/2018 12:03 AM, gm wrote:
A similar idea would be to do some basic wavelet transfrom in octaves for instance and then
do smaller FFTs on the bands to stretch and shift them but I have no idea
if you can do that - if you shift them you exceed their bandlimit I assume?
and if you stretch them I am not sure what happens, you shift their frequency content down I assume?
Its a little bit fuzzy to me what the waveform in a such a band represents
and what happens when you manipulate it, or how you do that.

Look into constant-Q and bounded-Q transforms.

Ross.