Am 06.11.2018 um 19:35 schrieb gm:
I use 2^octave * SR/FFTsize -> toERBscale -> * log2(FFTsize)/42 as a scaling factor for the windows.

Means the window of the top octave is about 367 samples at 44100 SR - does that seem right?
ok this was wrong...

it should be just windowsize = 1/bandwidthERB

but when I use windowsize = 1/bandwitdhERB I get windows that are too small for
the phase vocoder, for instance for the lowest band I get

bandwidthERB (~10Hz) ~= 26 Hz bandwidth, ~ 1705 samples window length

This gives too much modulation or too much bandwidth by the window, even if I double this.

(I know that ERB does not go to 10 Hz but the same is true for all bands.)

So, what am I doing wrong here?