I have an unproven theory about that.

The vocal tract has different filtering characteristics at different
pitches. If you take a vocal sound and just pitch-shift it, you're also
shifting the filter characteristics, and that doesn't sound right.

I imagine that some clever person could do something akin (but definitely
not the same) as an IR for vocals. Then there might be a shot at
correcting pitch correctly.

Neil Gilmore
ra...@raito.com