Thanks Robert, much appreciated for adding this to my code :)

With double precision I've noticed that even when undergoing drastic
frequency modulation it all works pretty accurately still, so any
correction term could probably be applied with a very long time constant
and linear interpolation to reduce the cpu load something along the lines
of (have not compiled or tested so could contain errors):

pre loop:
new_gain = 1 + adaptationspeed*(1 - c*c - s*s)
gain_inc = (new_gain - gain)/blocklength

loop blocklength:
t0 = g0*c - g1*s
t1 = g1*c + g0*s
c = gain*t0