In essence WSOLA and SOLA are only for Time Scale Modification...

WSOLA - Applies synchronization in the analysis stage of OLA, so input
frames are selected based on waveform similarity, keeping the output at a
constant rate!

SOLA - Works like WSOLA but  applies synchronization in the output, so a
input frame are selected and the synchronism occurs at the output (where
the input frame is more like the current output frame).

As far as I know, these are the differences between SOLA and WSOLA

I'd love to be right, lol.

But if I am correct I have already seen several implementations of WSOLA
running as SOLA (of course the two algorithms are very similar, they only
have distinction if they will use correlation in the input or output).

Regards,

Eder