I don't think there's any issue - I just posted about the TrackSpacer
plugin and the thread started up again.  Actually what I've been trying to
get across is that the Gibbs "nastiness' is ever present in both hardware
and software implementations.  It's just there in the underlying physics of
sampling theory, even in the analog domain it seems :)