2007/2/25, Robert Kiessling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Following up from my earlier posting, I propose to give a structure
to "Part_number" as used in ClassicalTrackTitleStyle.

The proposal is explained in
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ClassicalTrackTitlePartnumberStyle

To summarise, it consists of:

1. Describing the semantics of Part_number as refering to the
structure of the original work. Thus multiple tracks can have the
same Part_number (superceding MultiTrackMovementStyle).

2. Defining Part_number as comma-separated list of the following:

   III
   No. 3
   Act III
   Scene III
   Part III

Example: Matthäus-Passion, BWV 244: Teil II, No. 56. Rezitativ "Der Landpfleger
sagte"

Further examples are provided on the wiki page.

I hope this is the first step to progress discussion and
agreement on a number of open CSG items like colon use, part
title for classical songs and opera style.

It took me a long time, but I found the time to examine some
implications of your proposal. I disagree with your analysis that
MultiTrackMovementStyle uses a different principle from your proposal.
IMO, MultiTrackMovementStyle should only be applied when the existing
numbering could lead to ambiguous titles.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria