On 3/11/07, Frederic Da Vitoria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As a conclusion, you are right that I don't know any other example
than the 9th symphony. For file naming, users could put the track
number in first position (which is what I do). An alternative solution
could be to separate the additional number (for example putting it in
brackets) to signify that this is not part of the official numbering:
  (08) Symphony No. 9 in D minor "Choral", Op. 125: IV. (a) Allegro assai -
  (09) Symphony No. 9 in D minor "Choral", Op. 125: IV. (b) Tempo I -
  (10) Symphony No. 9 in D minor "Choral", Op. 125: IV. (c) Allegro assai -
You'll note that I inserted the unofficial numbering AFTER the dot.

I like this except for the hyphens.  If there is an (a) in the track
title I think that implies that there is more than one part.
--
-Aaron