Sounds good. This is becoming more common as I've seen it in a few places.

By the way, MMV = 2005 in roman numerals.

Cheers!
-Aaron

On 14-Nov-07, at 6:06 AM, Bogdan Butnaru wrote:

Hello!

I'd like to draw your attention to
http://musicbrainz.org/show/edit/?editid=7814386 and the concerned
releases:

http://musicbrainz.org/release/e5f8f5dd-73cb-417e-aa88- a14f15619763.html
is the original version of Stormblåst, while
http://musicbrainz.org/release/9867873e- e327-49d5-99ea-51c68730b4cd.html
is a recently re-recorded version, affectionately called Stormblåst
MMV (I think it means just re-recorded or something).

The later release contains completely re-recorded versions of all
tracks (and some new ones). As I mentioned in an edit note there, we
have an "earliest version" AR for tracks, but nothing equivalent for
complete releases. The only ARs we have for releases are "earliest
release" and "remaster", none of which apply to these two releases.

I would suggest we keep the "earliest release" as it is now (ie, same
audio material on most tracks), and add another "earliest version" AR
for releases (meaning different audio), with several sub-cases (the
way "performed instrument" is a sub-case of "performed"): the current
"re-master" AR, a new "re-recorded AR", and any other cases you might
have seen. I think "cover of" and "live version" should be grouped
here. So it should look like:

Release A:

is [the earliest/a later] release of
is [the earliest/a later] version of
  is [the earliest /a re-]recording of
  is [the earliest mastering/a remaster] of
  [has/is] a cover [/of]
  [has/is] a live recording [/of]
  ... anything else (remix might still warrant a separate section)

What do you think?

-- Bogdan Butnaru — [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I think I am a fallen star, I should wish on myself." – O.