Here's still something I don't get: the most repeated argument I get
is "Track Masters will come soon, so your problems will go away,
meanwhile you have to wait"
But when I suggest something that actually ease the situation quite a
bit (though it obviously has the drawback you mentioned), I'm getting
strict opposition, and suddenly the previous "Track Masters will come
soon" argument seem to not apply to that drawback any longer.

Meaning: this is temporary, meant to address a very specific problem,
with *very little impact* on the database.
What makes it so bad that it's considered worth than the
chaos/inconsistent style we currently have?

Regards,

- Olivier