On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 21:50, Pavan Chander <pchan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Philipp Wolfer <ph.wol...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Jeroen van den Brink
>> <jer...@v-d-brink.eu> wrote:
>> > I'd personally say the community editable one, but I would like your
>> > input on this. Maybe the MB wiki page [3] should be expanded with this
>> > info?
>> I prefer the community version. In my opinion it fits better to what
>> MusicBrainz is. [...]
> If a song has official lyrics, aren't they just copy/pasted into the
> editable community version?
> If that is the case (and I can't see it being anything else) I agree, the
> community versions are better.

I agree. Also, it seems that the official ones can be reached by
simple textual manipulation of the URL, so if anyone wants the
official ones for some purpose it is easy to script it. (Admittedly,
the reverse is also possible.)

What do you think should we do in cases where only an official version
exists? Should we link to it, or create a user-editable one, populate
it with the official version, and link to that?

-- Bogdan Butnaru