On 30/05/2011 07:38, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> While I wouldn't mind keeping track of the fact that something was
> released in several regions, duplicating releases in this situation
> seems way overkill to me. For now, I'm putting additional regions in
> annotations, and have even entered edits to merge releases like this:
> http://musicbrainz.org/edit/14527547
>
> IMO, the strongest reason for this is that any change to one release
> would have be duplicated on the other, since the tracklisting, booklet
> and everything is identical. The only way to distinguish them is to
> buy one copy from each region and look at the fine print.

We're not duplicating releases though - at least no more than before.
None of the edits I've seen have been rejecting new release events, just
removing old ones. Perhaps the cause is because the release event is now
higher in the chain... previously they were "after" the tracklist; now
they're before - but in a list with all other tracklists for that
release. To me what this boils down to is that you're deleting
information because you don't like how it's displayed. And I don't think
that should be the first option here, especially not so soon after NGS
has been released.

- Si